Join the Mass General Marathon Team
Thank you for your interest in joining the Mass General Marathon Team Fighting Kids' Cancer ... One Step at a Time. Thanks to the work of our runners, the team has raised nearly $8 million in support of the pediatric hematology-oncology program at MassGeneral Hospital for Children.
If you are interested in joining the Mass General Marathon Team, please fill out our application form. There is no fee to apply.
If accepted as a Mass General Marathon Team runner, you must agree to the $5,000 fundraising commitment for charity runners or $1,000 fundraising commitment for qualified runners. Please note that runners must be at least 18 years of age.
We will ask you to provide Massachusetts General Hospital with credit card information to guarantee the fundraising minimum.
Please note runners are responsible for:
- Mass General Registration Fee —$100.00
- Boston Athletic Association Fee — $300.00
- Fundraising commitment for charity runners — $5,000.00
- Fundraising commitment for qualified runners — $1,000.00
The registration fee covers the following:
- Individual fundraising web page
- Two team meetings that offer assistance with fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon day information
- Periodic e-newsletters during the 20 weeks prior to the Marathon with helpful hints and important information regarding fundraising, corporate matching gift opportunities, training, nutrition and more
- Fundraising incentive prizes
- Weekend training runs led by the Mass General Team Captains
- Patient partner program
- Pre-marathon pasta dinner
- Transportation to Hopkinton on the day of the marathon
- Day of marathon tent in Hopkinton near the starting line (includes snacks, beverages, entertainment, assistance and more)
- Family and friend gathering spot at mile 20
- Access to a gym in the Back Bay near the finish line for use after the marathon
- Post-marathon thank you party
All funds raised by the MassGeneral Marathon Team support the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Department at MassGeneral Hospital for Children.